Wondering what to do with all the late summer veggies? Take advantage of ripe and delicious tomatoes and zucchini with this easy side dish. Simply add Pasta or Chicken for a meal for 4 in 15 easy minutes.
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 large zucchini chopped
- 4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon fresh basil
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the butter to the skillet. When melted, add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, corn, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Turn the temperature to medium and cook until the tomatoes are just starting to burst, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the fresh basil. Serve warm.
This side is also great with a little Parmesan mixed in; or change it up by adding any extra vegetables you have on hand (peppers and asparagus work well.) Make sure to sip the rest of the dry white wine! We suggest a Sauvignon Blanc or Albarino for cooking and sipping purposes, but if you are searching for a red, Barbera would be a great pairing.