August is high season in the Hamptons… and that means easy entertaining is key. Ina Garten’s super simple rosé sangria recipe will be sure to make your guests blush. Ina Garten’s sangria is easy to make ahead of time, and the earlier you make it, the boozier the fruit! This recipe serves 6, so gather some some fruit, some friends, and celebrate a great summer.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (750 ml) bottle rosé wine
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 large fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 red plums, pitted and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy
- Water and ice, plus extra ice for serving
How to Make it:
Combine the rosé, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, sugar, Grand Marnier, Cognac, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of ice in a large glass pitcher. Stir in the raspberries, strawberries, and plums, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
When ready to serve, fill wine goblets or highball glasses halfway with ice. Pour the sangria over the ice, spooning some of the macerated fruit into each glass. Serve ice cold.
Enjoy Ina Garten’s Sangria!
Watch Ina Garten make it here:
Recipe courtesy of ‘Make It Ahead’ by Ina Garten
Have you made Ina Garten’s Sangria? You can ask us any questions about the recipe here (on our blog,) on Facebook or in the store. We are excited to hear from you! We also deliver locally, to East Hampton, Wainscott, Southampton, Watermill, Amagansett, Bridgehampton, Sag Harbor, and Montauk.
Pauline, Staff Writer